Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OverDrive AudioBooks

It took a little while, but I managed to download the player for AudioMedia OverDrive e-books. I wanted to to take this 22nd step to discover the difficulty level of using this service from the Palm Beach County website. I put myself in the place of the patron to see how it works and if it is something I can recommend.

This service could certainly come in handy for Youth Services. Many schools assign summer reading... and patrons end up waiting for weeks for a reserve to come back in. Granted, listening is not quite the same as reading, but with the more poular classic titles, this could be a good resource for the parents and kids who can't wait.

It is not difficult to use. It is nice to be able to burn to cd. But of course, as an ipod user, I can't directly transfer these for portable listening. But that's licensing in the digital millenium.

No comments:

Kaboose Craft Finder